Sunday, February 12, 2023

PSA: Pick Up Your Old Glyos Figures

Onell Design Glyos Comrado Sarvos Action Figure If you have a lot of old Glyos figures - specifically, some of the softer ones that came out in or around 2010 - you might want to go pick them up.  I noticed some of my Alpha Phase 2010 The Outer Space Men and some Onell Design figures, like Comrado Sarvos here, were the tiniest bit sticky - presumably from plasticizers or mold release oils or other materials over time.  You may find this to be a good time to wipe them down with a damp cloth if yours are, too.

I keep my figures in a dark, dry, cool closet so I was a little surprised - but I also remember some of my old 1980s Kenner Star Wars figures aging similarly around 2002.   They're mostly all fine now if I wiped them down back then, so in between unboxing your  new drops, be sure to see how your old figures are doing.  They may be fine, but sometimes old figures need a bit of a cleaning.

Also, the pink on mine seems a little paler - I'm not sure if it's the photo, or time passing, so take a look at yours and let me know how it looks.

No comments:

Post a Comment