Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Bit Figs Gold - Early Impressions


Reviews start next week - but these are new @bitfigs from Culture Pirates, SSM Vending, Onell Design, and presumably someone else. I don’t know who.
The idea is that they’re (mostly) vending machine figures, so keep an eye open for these in other...
Crossposted from my Tumblr.

Reviews start next week - but these are new @bitfigs from Culture Pirates, SSM Vending, Onell Design, and presumably someone else.  I don’t know who.

The idea is that they’re (mostly) vending machine figures, so keep an eye open for these in other colors.  The top row shows animals, the bottom row shows ninjas.  Each one has a hole in the feet which is the size of a Glyos peg - good for staffs, alternate heads.  Each figure is about 1-inch tall and is unarticulated.
On the left are two (so far) online exclusive Bit Figs.  The big one is a large Pheyden with articulated arms that are removable and swappable with other @glyos pieces.  The little one is a little one.   Interestingly, the animals and ninjas are marked “GLYOS BIT FIGS″ - the only Glyos-family figures so far that I can recall that have any sort of markings - but Pheyden doesn’t.  He’s just this guy, you know?

Also confusing, today in Japan they announced Transformers Bit Figs and they’re something else entirely.

So far, I’ve counted (but have not personally seen and do not yet own) 62 different tiny Bit Figs from a grand total of 11 molds, plus the big one.  I’m contemplating a checklist thing.  I’ll be sorry if I do this, I just know it.

The only “wild” bit figs in vending machines have been 75 cents so far.   The Culture Pirates ones are roughly a buck a pop when bought in a bag.  I’ve already posted this review if Ninjas Ku in all 10 (known) vending colors if you’d like to see more.

 
 If you want vehicles to go with them, so far Hot Wheels has a Minecraft Mine Cart.  (Review also coming at you next week.)   I’ve seen - I swear I’m not kidding - 10 different package variants of it so far.  Target is getting cases of solid Mine Carts with different artwork - but it’s the same cart, so far as I can tell.  A basic blue-carded cart also exists, with at least 2 different bubble variants.  (One slides back and forth, one does not.)  Because I’m not insane, I just bought one, and it’s a dollar, and it’ll fit most Bit Figs in addition to the smaller Mattel Minecraft figures.   If you’ve ever had the urge to send Pheyden or bunnies through Hot Wheels loops, now’s your chance.

A late update - most of them also fit nicely in the Tankinator car.

No comments:

Post a Comment